Sharing my search for inexpensive crafts, craft storage and general craft therapy!

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Craigslist Addict

I love Craigslist.  I mean I really LOVE Craigslist  It is such a great place to pick up scrapbooking supplies in bulk.  Oh and it's also a great place to get a 5th wheel RV, a truck to tow the 5th wheel RV, an oak futon and a dog - yes, I said it, got one of my dogs through Craigslist and couldn't be happier.  Her name is Millie and she is almost the sweetest dog I've ever met - a pitbull mix by the way.  They get such an unfair rep.

Anyway, this is about scrapbooking!  So, what have I gotten on Craiglist in the way of scrapbooking?  First, I got a mega haul from a lady who was getting out of doing customized home decor projects:  ~500 sheets of 12x12 patterned paper, ~100 sheets of neutral 8.5x11 cardstock, over 50 wood mount stamps, a heat gun, a huge divided organizer full of metal embellishments, ~10 embossing powders (nearly full), a few decorative scissors and punches..truthfully, I can't even remember it all.  I just remember taking several trips to my car and it only cost me $84.  Then, calling on another ad got me 5 cropper hoppers (~1000 sheets of 12x12 and some 8.5x11) full of Bazzils solids and patterned paper/cardstock.  That cost me $60.

This past Friday was my latest find, a lady was clearing out inventory from her on-line store in a garage sale.  For $37...yes, just $37, I got a gallon sized bag full of chip-board letters/numbers, 3 foam stamp sets, 2 Tim Holtz sets of embossing folders, a 7 Gypsies border punch set, 2 large and 6 small acrylic stamp sets, 2 stencils, 5 packs of 6 paper flowers each, 2 packs of overlay shapes, 1 pack of ephemera chipboard, 3 packs Thickers, 4 sets of rub-ons, 7 sheets of 2D stickers, 1 vellum quote book, 12 packs of brads/bling/buttons, 6 packs with 1 yard each of 6 different ribbons/trims, 3 journal tag books and 6 packs dimensional stickers.  Whew!  The lady running the sale just kept bringing me bags to stash my stuff.  So embarrassing...hi, I'm Laurel and I'm a crafting hoarder.  Who cares.  It was great stuff and jaw-dropping prices.  Here are just a few pics.  Sorry the picture quality is so bad.




I know what you are thinking...yeah, I'm getting a great deal, but the people I buy from often paid retail.  So, I'm getting them to subsidize my hobby.

Well, I look at it this way, everyone makes purchases they regret.  Then, those purchases sit around, taking up space and staring at them making them feel guilty.  So, really, I'm helping them get the stuff out of their space and giving them back some of their investment.  I make it a point not to try to talk them down on price.  I know what things are worth retail and what they are worth to me.  If the person has their ad priced out of my range, I don't bother to call.  I want both parties to feel good about the transaction.






















So, now all this stuff can sit around my house, taking up my space and staring at me.  I just don't feel guilty about it.  Skrimp N SKRAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thanks so much for visiting and sharing your thoughts!