Sharing my search for inexpensive crafts, craft storage and general craft therapy!

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Dollar Store Doilies

This new blog world is just awesome.  Recently, I came across the Scrappin' Sisters blog in my wanderings through blog-land and was enamored with their style.  The beauty of their layouts is stunning and the product they use is gorgeous.

I love the way they create clusters of embellishments and decided to do a little more of this in my most recent layout.  It's the more is more technique and as I noted in a previous blog, I struggle making more detailed, complex layouts and cards.  I always end up taking things away until I have a much simpler design.  I fought this instinct on this layout.  Here is the result.  I'm pretty pleased with it.


I love the recent trend of using fabric and paper doiles on layouts and cards.  This one came from the Dollar Tree (18 doilies per package).  You might recognize the flower and bird stickers from a previous blog, too.  They also came from the Dollar Tree.



I added some paper flowers I bought from the Michael's dollar area, fabric flowers from the Dollar Tree, bling from a bulk buy at the Creating Keepsakes Convention, trim from the Dollar Tree and a couple title stickers from another Dollar Tree sticker pack.  The entire layout cost less than $3.





Thanks for stopping by!  Hope you got a few ideas from this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thanks so much for visiting and sharing your thoughts!