Sharing my search for inexpensive crafts, craft storage and general craft therapy!

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

HSN Craft Show Binge

I love National Craft Month.  It always comes with a crafting (paper and sewing) marathon on the Home Shopping Network (HSN).  I try to DVR and watch every show, not to buy, mind you, but to see all the inspirational projects made with the products.  Every once in a while, they will have a deal I cannot pass up - bought a Crafter's Companion on sale, with an additional 15% off coupon.  Usually, though, when you add in the shipping and handling cost, the great deals they offer are not so great after all.

This month, HSN featured Anna Griffin and a set of border punches.  They were lovely, but not something I just had to have.  One of the featured projects, however, inspired this card.


I fell in love with the ruffled look created by layering pieces of border over each other and just had to use it on a card.  It reminded me of a beautiful baby girl dress.  So, of course, this is a congratualtions/gift card for a new little baby princess.


I used scraps from my left overs, a Fiskars scalloped border punch and a Martha Stewart lattice border punch.  Then I cut a frame with a shadow using my Slice.  I attached a little title made with a Hampton Arts Studio G $1 stamp set. 


I really love the overall effect.  The white on white is so fresh and pretty.   I like it so well, I'm thinking of using it in a shadow box I've been putting off making.  Hopefully, you'll see that project here soon!

Thanks for visiting!  Would love to hear from you!  Feel free to share your own crafting inspiration under comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. Thanks so much for visiting and sharing your thoughts!