Sharing my search for inexpensive crafts, craft storage and general craft therapy!

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Frugal Flowers

I love Prima and Recollections flowers - really I do, but when they run 50 cents or so a piece (with a coupon), well little flower clusters on a layout can get expensive!  I often turn to dollar store silk flower bunches or Michaels/Joann dollar area paper flowers so that I can afford to cluster more on each page in a more economical fashion.

Another great source for silk flowers is Goodwill and here is my latest haul.  I went to the 50% off sale at my local Goodwill and found these - cost me $4 for all of these flowers (not including the containers).  They look so pretty just in the bunches and I've already got tons of projects in mind for them - shadow boxes, scrapbook layouts, altered home decor.  Can't wait to get started!






In the meantime, though, they are adding a happy little pop of color in my craft room.  The flash photography doesn't do them justice, but aren't they cheerful?




Skrimp N Skrap!

1 comment:

  1. good deal! I use dollar store flowers a lot too! I buy them white and color as needed!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. Thanks so much for visiting and sharing your thoughts!